Video: Sexual Harassment in the Sciences
On October 18, 2018, IRWG, in collaboration with the Office of Research, College of LSA, ADVANCE, College of Engineering, and Office for Health Equity and Inclusion hosted a panel discussion on sexual harassment in academic sciences. The panel included discussion of a recent report from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, which offered key findings on the causes and impacts of sexual harassment, and recommendations for institutional policies, strategies, and practices to address and prevent it.
- Elizabeth L. Hillman, President of Mills College
- Kathryn Clancy, Associate Professor of Anthropology, University of Illinois
- Timothy McKay, Arthur F. Thurnau Professor of Physics, Astronomy, and Education, U-M
- Elizabeth Cole, Interim Dean, College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, and Professor of Women's Studies, Psychology, and Afroamerican & African Studies, University of Michigan
- Lilia Cortina, Associate Director of ADVANCE for the College of LSA; Professor of Psychology, Women’s Studies, and Management and Organizations, U-M
- Anna Kirkland, Director of the Institute for Research on Women and Gender; Arthur F. Thurnau Professor of Women’s Studies, U-M
This video was created by Michigan Media. Watch on YouTube.