IRWG provides individualized support for U-M faculty who are applying for extramural research funding.
Rebecca Shea Irvine serves as IRWG's Director for Faculty Research Development. In this role, she advocates for gender and sexuality research by working with faculty to find funding sources and develop proposals.
How can Rebecca support your research:
- Meet with you to discuss your research agenda (including considerations for scaling and scaffolding) and connect you to relevant funding opportunities;
- Once funding is identified, Rebecca can work with you on grant writing strategies and ways to effectively communicate about your research;
- Facilitate brainstorming and grant writing workshops for research teams;
- Provide feedback on written drafts of your grant, including evaluating the written proposal based on the criteria by which the application will be judged;
- Connect you with other support services, including peer review by IRWG affiliate faculty or grants administrators.
- Develop a draft of your budget and/or timeline.
Ready to begin?
- Schedule a meeting or consultation with Rebecca: https://calendly.com/rsirvine
- Sign up to receive emails from Rebecca about funding opportunities for gender research: http://eepurl.com/EXLwb (select “Research & Funding Support”).
Contract and Grant Administration
Angie Skellie, Research Administrator Senior in the Office of the Vice President for Research, is currently providing grant administration services for IRWG, including the pre- and post-award administration of federal and nonfederal research proposals and awarded projects.
- Pre-award assistance includes:
- reviewing proposal announcement guidelines and restrictions;
- provides an submission timeline for important application deadlines;
- budget development;
- completion of required sponsor/agency forms;
Post-award assistance includes:
- work with the UM Office of Research and Sponsored Projects to understand the terms and conditions of the project award;
- initiate any subcontract required on project;
- provide monthly financial summary reports and projections;
- make sure annual sponsor progress reports are submitted in a timely manner;
- handle expenditure compliance issues (annual uniform guidance reports);
- complete appropriate budget reallocations;
- submit requests for no-cost time extension
- coordinate salary effort for project personnel;
- manage close-out/inactivation process for award
The Office of the Vice President for Research provides resources for all active researchers, including those engaged in human research, and research administrators across the three U-M campuses. Here are a few of note: