The Institute for Research on Women and Gender (IRWG) within the Office of Research (UMOR) has staff who provide assistance to U-M faculty applying for external funding opportunities.
Jocelyn Fenton Stitt, Program Director for Faculty Research Development, helps U-M faculty advance their research by finding extramural funding sources and developing grant proposals.
Sign up to receive monthly Funding Opportunity email updates for gender-related research in wide-ranging areas of the humanities, health and social sciences.
Contract and Grant Administration
Lisa Parker, Contracts and Grants Administrator, assists U-M faculty in both the pre-award and post-award grant management process.
- Pre-award assistance includes:
- reviewing proposal announcement guidelines and restrictions;
- provides an submission timeline for important application deadlines;
- budget development;
- completion of required sponsor/agency forms;
Faculty who intend to submit a grant proposal through IRWG should complete the Notice of Intent to Submit a Grant Proposal. The completed form will route to Lisa Parker who will contact you to schedule a follow-up meeting to discuss further details.
- Post-award assistance includes:
- work with the UM Office of Research and Sponsored Projects to understand the terms and conditions of the project award;
- initiate any subcontract required on project;
- provide monthly financial summary reports and projections;
- make sure annual sponsor progress reports are submitted in a timely manner;
- handle expenditure compliance issues (annual uniform guidance reports);
- complete appropriate budget reallocations;
- submit requests for no-cost time extension
- coordinate salary effort for project personnel;
- manage close-out/inactivation process for award
Feel free to contact Lisa Parker directly regarding further pre- and post-award inquiries via email at email@example.com, or via telephone at 734-647-6387.