Info Session: Student Opportunities for AIDS/HIV Research (SOAR)
- Gary Harper - Co-Director & Research Director; Professor of Health Behavior & Health Education, School of Public Health
- Anna Kirkland - Co-Director & Academic Director; Director, Institute for Research on Women & Gender; Professor of Women's & Gender Studies
- Gabriel Johnson - Graduate & Undergraduate Peer Mentor Coordinator; PhD Student, Health Behavior & Health Education, School of Public Health
- Heidi Bennett - Project Coordinator & Academic Counselor
- Adrian Beyer - Current SOAR Scholar
- Myla Lyons - Current SOAR Scholar
March 23, 2022
7:00pm to 8:00pm
Online event via Zoom
Event Accessibility :
Please contact email@example.com for any accessibility accommodations
Current U-M students are invited to learn more about the Student Opportunities for AIDS/HIV Research (SOAR) program. SOAR prepares students for graduate school and eventual research careers in behavioral and social science related to HIV/AIDS. Students participate in mentored research projects and coursework during their junior and senior years.
Info sessions will provide more details about the program requirements and benefits, as well as a space to ask current SOAR scholars and mentors questions about the program and the application process. Current students and U-M faculty or staff who work with students are invited to attend an info session.
Applications for fall '22 are now open. The deadline to apply is March 31, 2022.