Healing Units Harmed by Sexual Misconduct: Challenges and Possibilities
- David Gier, Dean and Paul Boylan Collegiate Professor of Music, School of Music, Theatre & Dance
- Julio Cardona, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, Human Resources, and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, School of Music, Theatre & Dance
- Sonya Jacobs, Chief Organizational Learning Officer, University of Michigan; Senior Director of Faculty & Leadership Development, Michigan Medicine
- Caitlin Taylor, Career Services Coordinator, School of Music, Theatre & Dance
- Rikki Morrow-Spitzer, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Program Manager, School of Music, Theatre, & Dance
- Sara Armstrong, Director, CRLT Theatre Program
- Kaaren Williamsen, Director, Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center
- Elizabeth Armstrong, Sherry B. Ortner Collegiate Professor of Sociology
Sexual misconduct has come to light in various units around the University of Michigan campus. Responding to this harm is challenging, as entire communities are affected. Facilitated by Kaaren Williamsen (SAPAC) and Sara Armstrong (CRLT), this session will offer the opportunity to hear from those on campus trying to help units move forward in ways that center repair, healing, and prevention. Dean David Gier, Julio Cardona (Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, Human Resources, and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion), Caitlin Taylor (Career Services Coordinator), and Rikki Morrow-Spitzer (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Program Manager), all of the School of Theatre, Music, and Dance, will share with us the efforts they have underway. Sonya Jacobs, U-M’s Chief Organizational Learning Officer, will talk about her unit's work with various units.
This event is sponsored by the Initiative on Gender Based Violence and Sexual Harassment at IRWG.
Questions? Contact IRWG event planner Heidi Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org