Addressing Sexual Misconduct at the University of Michigan: New Directions and Possibilities
- Tamiko Strickman, Executive Director of the Equity, Civil Rights and Title IX Office
- Kaaren Williamsen, Director of Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center
- Sara Armstrong, Director of the CRLT Theatre Program, Center for Research on Learning and Teaching
- Christine Bean, Assistant Director, CRLT Theater Program, Center for Research on Learning and Teaching
- Sonya Jacobs, Chief Organizational Learning Officer, University of Michigan; Senior Director of Faculty & Leadership Development, Michigan Medicine
Facilitator: Elizabeth Armstrong, Sherry B. Ortner Collegiate Professor of Sociology
The University of Michigan recently announced sweeping changes to how the university prevents and responds to sexual misconduct. To understand these changes IRWG has assembled a panel of leaders to share efforts underway, imagine new possibilities, and engage with UM community members. Tamiko Strickman (ECRT) and Kaaren Williamsen (SAPAC) will discuss the reorganization of OIE to include new resources, including the expansion of campus-wide support, education, and prevention. Sara Armstrong and Christine Bean will share efforts to re-shape learning environments through CRLT. Sonya Jacobs, U-M’s Chief Organizational Learning Officer, will address how culture change relates to long term efforts to prevent harm and bolster equity across campus.
Register here to receive the Zoom Link: https://myumi.ch/4pBYx
This event will be recorded.