IRWG provides limited financial support to other University of Michigan departments who are organizing one-time events, such as lectures, symposia, performances or exhibits that directly relate to research on women, gender and/or sexuality.
As a co-sponsor or financial supporter, IRWG provides funding and cross-promotion for events. Event planning labor (e.g., venue rental, speaker travel) is typically provided by the host department/unit. In exchange, IRWG expects to be credited as a cosponsor in all publicity materials and in verbal acknowledgments at the event.
Requests are accepted on a rolling basis until funds are exhausted. We ask that requests come at least 2 months before the event so that we have adequate time to advertise it.
Up to $500 until funds are exhausted.
University of Michigan faculty who are organizing one-time events through other departments / units on the Ann Arbor campus. Please note that we are unable to fund student-organized events.
How to Request Cosponsorship Funds:
Complete the request form below. Please describe the event, and its relevance to advancing research related to gender and/or sexuality.
When IRWG provides financial co-sponsorship of public events, we request the following:
- Provide a departmental shortcode and contact person for IRWG to transfer the funds
- Share the event date and time as soon as it’s confirmed so that we can avoid scheduling competing events.
- IRWG should be listed as a co-sponsor on all event materials (e.g., posters, calendar listings) and in verbal acknowledgments at the event with the full unit name: Institute for Research on Women & Gender (IRWG)
- Include a version of the IRWG logo on publicity materials whenever possible.
- Send all promotional materials to Heidi Bennett (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we can share the event announcement on the IRWG website, email newsletters, and social media.
- When possible, share any post-event materials, such as photos, video recordings, event reports or audience feedback.
- Please keep us informed as you work with your department to plan the event!
If you need event planning advice, guidance, assistance, or resources, or have questions about the cosponsorship request process, please contact Heidi Bennett, Event Coordinator, at email@example.com and we will do our best to share information and help as our capacity allows.